2.04.2009

Eeeeeee!! I am WAY excited to see the new movie, Coraline. Its directed by Henry Selick, who also directed The Nightmare Before Christmas and James and the Giant Peach. Coraline looks like the best of those movies put together...TNBC was not creepy enough and JATP was a little too creepy for my taste. Coraline fits right in the middle. We would watch JATP practically non-stop back when Alex was around five because it was her favorite movie. Coraline also reminds me of the excitement I felt over Sprited Away, one of my all-time favorite movies. I love it when movies directed towards children can be just as entertaining for adults. Coraline will be in theaters this Friday, February 6th. Some theaters will be showing it in 3D, although I could not find a nearby theater showing it in 3D, so perhaps it will be released later? I hope so!



Fun Facts:
==>Coraline has also been made into a stage musical, produced by MCC Theater in New York, with music and lyrics by Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields.
==>At one hour and forty minutes long, Coraline is the longest stop-motion film to date.
==>The first stop-motion animated feature to be shot entirely in 3-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment